We took a trip to Broken Arrow for 4th of July. This has become an annual tradition because, honestly, I have yet to see a place with such a fantastic view of fireworks without ever having to leave the backyard.
Each year the kids have a little parade through the neighborhood. This year they made visors with a feather stuck in them, a la Yankee Doodle. It was so extremely hot that the parade lasted only for a couple of houses.
On the parade. Notice how Micah is dancing around on the grass while everyone else stayed on the path. That is how he is.
This isn't intended to be a political statement. Everything.must.go.in.Silas'.mouth.
Bubble fight!
I saw this on pinterest and decided to make it. Imagine that--actually making something I saw on pinterest!
Fireworks from local displays that can be seen from my in-laws back patio.
Our family lit a few fireworks of our own.
Fourth of July hair. Can you see the star?
Silas hates being in the car, but he did pretty well on his first ever car trip.
The kids decorating their "Yankee Doodle" hats with Grandma Keys (their great grandmother)
I tried my hand at icing sugar cookies with royal icing. I think they turned out pretty cute. It's definitely something I'll want to try again in the future.
Patriotic red velvet cupcakes. I had plenty of people to watch the kids, so I was able to do some baking for the first time in a long time.


1 comment:
Love all the pics at Grammies. I enjoyed a short visit with Abe and Bella too. They have grown !!
GOD Bless U & Yours
Post a Comment