Friday, September 23, 2011

Little Peacemaker


I want to brag on Bella.

Curtis and I long for peace in our home.  Sure, peace and quiet would be nice as well.  But the kind of peace we long for for our family is the peace that comes from Christ.

We long for peace for our children's tumultuous hearts.  We long for them to have the peace that comes from trusting the Lord.  We long for peace that comes with agreement rather than constant bickering.  We long for it and pray for it.

Isabella's middle name is Shiloh.  That name means peace.  Since she was a baby, I've been praying that she would be a peacemaker.  Even at only 4 years old, she quite frequently shows that she is starting to be a peacemaker.  Yesterday, she completely quieted a fight between her brothers by taking a humble and quite mature path.  The Bible says that whoever humbles themselves will be exalted.  So Bella got to wear this peacemaker crown to remind her of that truth.

No comments: