Sunday, June 14, 2009

Family Update


~Liliana and Bella wore their matching dresses to church this morning. Grandma Keys made them for the girls. I also relaxed Lili's hair...I'm having fun learning how to take care of her hair!~

Our family is starting to settle into our new home more. We still have a lot left to do before we are completely settled, but it is starting to feel more and more like home every day. As soon as we get things cleaned up more, I'll post more photos of the house. For now, here are a couple pictures of the two rooms that we've actually finished--the kitchen and the master bedroom.

~Our new dining area is actually big enough for our whole family!~




~Master bedroom~



It seems we just spend our days unpacking and running errands. I also try to do something fun with the kids each day, like go to the playground, etc. Curtis and I did manage to get an evening to ourselves last weekend, and we went to see the new Star Trek movie. I'm not much of a Trekkie, but I loved the movie! Curtis and I are already talking about going back to see it again in the theater.

Summer is now upon us, and we've been enjoying outdoor activities in the evening. The kids ride their bikes up and down the street, and Bella runs behind them on the sidewalk. (Thankfully we live on a quiet street!) Liliana has now learned to ride her two wheel bike, and is quite good at it. She can even turn around in tight spaces without falling over! This is quite the accomplishment, considering that only a couple of weeks ago, even riding a two wheel bike caused many a tear to fall!

While spending time outdoors in the evening, we've met our wonderful neighbors. They'll all so friendly, and have offered to babysit for us, and one neighbor even brought us a cake!! This is such a huge change from our past neighborhood where you got dirty looks for stepping in someone's front yard. I think the kids are really going to enjoy growing up here.

This week I start back doing weekly Precept Bible study at church. It's the first time I've been back to doing church Bible study since we got the kids, since there isn't childcare for the older ones during the school year. This is the first time I've taken Precept without teaching it in about 2 years, so it'll be nice to relax and just enjoy the Bible study this time around.

Well, that's about it for us right now. I thought I'd post a photo of Liliana from her birthday a couple of weeks ago. Doesn't she look beautiful?!

~Lili on her birthday in the backyard garden~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new house, we are so happy for your family.
The girls are adorable in their matching dresses.
God Bless,
Ethel

Shannon said...

Hi Beth! Thanks for commenting on my blog! I enjoyed scrolling through yours and seeing pics of your precious family. As for the silver trays...I usually find them at flea markets or thrift stores. I have heard that the Dollar Store has them but oviously they are not realy silver :) But maybe you could buy one there until you find just what you are looking for.